Do you have career coaching experience? Do you love helping people achieve their goals?
If yes, then why not join us in helping our students to find jobs!
OpenClassrooms is the leading platform in Europe for online education. With more than two million members, we put educational innovation at the service of education for all.
Graduates from OpenClassrooms are accompanied for 2 months (sometimes more if necessary) to assist in their job search. As a career coach, you will guide the student through our specially designed courses created to help build the necessary skills to land your dream job and jumpstart a career in their field.
It's true, OpenClassrooms guaranties employment to its students, you will therefore have a mission of the highest importance!
As a career mentor, you will individually accompany each student on videoconference once a week to help them find a job. You will have the mission to encourage and accompany students in finding and landing a job.
- Guide the student in understanding the job market
- Support them in the preparation of their CV and letter of motivation
- Help them to network and to express themselves professional ways
- Develop self-confidence and self-knowledge
- Prepare them to succeed in interviews
Why become a mentor?
Mentoring allows you to:
- Share (your knowledge): you'll have a clear and direct impact on the lives of your students. For them, their education is a major life decision leading them to their next jobs and to their futures. They'll be eternally grateful for the help you give them.
- Earn (money): all mentors are paid for their time and can make 35€/per hour.
- Acquire (experience): mentors often say they learn a lot from their students. Mentoring isn't about imposing one's worldview on others. It's about knowledge, support, and listening. These are important skills to have!
- Enjoy (flexibility): mentors set their own schedules. You can have only one student to start and increase to 5, 10, or more later if you want. You can work where you want, anywhere in the world, as the whole gig takes place online.
- You have experience in job coaching.
- It is said that if you are open, caring, and a keen listener, then you know how to reassure and guide in the right direction.
- You are positive, driven and optimistic.
- You want to participate in the education revolution and are comfortable with remote collaboration tools.
- You speak great English, even over video chat, and are able to mentor students in this language.
You're a good listener and like helping people accomplish their dreams.
- You have a degree (or higher) at the level at which you'll be teaching. If you don't have a degree, you'll need to describe and justify your experience
- You're available at least 1 hour per week in order to mentor 1 student. You can increase that rhythm later if you like (ex. taking 10 students means 10 hours per week)
- You have a webcam and a great internet connection that involves ethernet (not wifi. Connection issues during video chats are annoying)
- Submit a CV and a short letter of motivation
- Learn the basics of OpenClassrooms mentorship by taking the "Foundations of Mentoring" quiz in the course Become a mentor on OpenClassroom (15-20 mins).
- Optional: provide a 2 minute video on why you are interested in this role and what you have to offer. A video is a great way to help your application stand out.