Do you have career mentoring or coaching experience?
If yes, then why not help our students to find jobs or to become career counselors themselves.
OpenClassrooms is the leading platform in Europe for online education. With more than two million learners using our platform, it is our mission to make education truly accessible.
Mission 1: help new OpenClassrooms graduates
You will meet a student once a week to help them find a job in which they can use their newly acquired skills
- Guide the student in understanding the job market
- Support them in the preparation of their CV and letter of motivation
- Help them to network and to express themselves professional ways
- Develop self-confidence and self-knowledge
- Prepare them to succeed in interviews
Graduates from OpenClassrooms are mentored for 2 months (sometimes more if necessary) to help them with their job search. As a career coach, you will guide the student through our specially designed courses and projects to help students to jumpstart their career.
OpenClassrooms guaranties a new job to our graduate students, so your role is of the highest importance!
Mission 2: mentor students on the Career Counselor path
You will meet a student once a week to help them acquire the skills to become a career counselor
- Assess the needs of a client
- Support a client's job-search
- Design an action plan for a client's career switch
- Lead professional development workshops
Why become a mentor?
Mentoring allows you to:
- Share (your knowledge): you'll have a clear and direct impact on the lives of your students. For them, their education is a major life decision leading them to their next jobs and to their futures. They'll be eternally grateful for the help you give them.
- Earn (money): all mentors are paid for their time and can make 35€ per hour.
- Acquire (experience): mentors often say they learn a lot from their students. Mentoring isn't about imposing one's worldview on others. It's about knowledge, support, and listening. These are important skills to have!
- Enjoy (flexibility): mentors set their own schedules. You can have only one student to start and increase to 5, 10, or more later if you want. You can work where you want, anywhere in the world, as the whole gig takes place online.
- You have at least 2 years' proven experience in career coaching or job mentoring and relevant professional certification. Or you have at least 5 years' experience in managerial responsible for career development.
- It is said that if you are open, caring, and a keen listener, then you know how to reassure and guide in the right direction.
- You are positive, driven and optimistic.
- You want to participate in the education revolution and are comfortable with remote collaboration tools.
- You speak great English, even over video chat, and are able to mentor students in this language.
You're a good listener and like helping people accomplish their dreams.
- You're available at least 1 hour per week in order to mentor 1 student. You can increase that rhythm later if you like (ex. taking 10 students means 10 hours per week)
- You have a webcam and a great internet connection that involves ethernet (not wifi. Connection issues during video chats are annoying)
- Submit a CV and a short cover letter
- Learn the basics of OpenClassrooms mentorship by taking the "Foundations of Mentoring" quiz in the course Become a mentor on OpenClassroom (15-20 mins).
- Optional: provide a 2 minute video on why you are interested in this role and what you have to offer. A video is a great way to help your application stand out.