iOS development mentor (EU)
Do you love helping others accomplish their goals? Do you dream of helping students find their next job? We're looking for people like you!
We are looking for freelancers who want to share their mobile development (iOS) skills and knowledge. You will work at your own pace, and you can have one student, 5 or even 15: you decide based on your availability. The best part is that you don't need to commute anywhere. You can do it from the comfort of your own home or office. 👌
- You have a degree (or higher) at the level at which you'll be teaching and have real life experience in the field. If you don't have a degree, you'll need to describe and justify your experience.
- You're available at least 1 hour per week in order to mentor 1 student. You can increase that rhythm later if you like (ex. taking 10 students means 10 hours per week).
- Expertise to help students acquire specific skills through each project.
- Track students work by taking notes after each session, and keeping OpenClassrooms informed of the students' developments.
- You speak great English, even over video chat, and are able to mentor students in this language.
- You're a good listener and like helping people accomplish their dreams. 🤗
- You have a webcam and a great internet connection that involves ethernet (not wifi. Connection issues during videochats are annoying).
As a mentor, your role would be to support and accompany individual students once per week over videochat in order to help them get the most out of their learning on OpenClassrooms. You'll help students as they work on the projects that count towards their completion of their learning path. You'll also be grading the projects that they do. Paths on OpenClassrooms are made up of fully-online courses and projects, and completing the projects allows students to earn internationally-recognized degrees.
Why become a mentor?
- Share (your knowledge): you'll have a clear and direct impact on the lives of your students. For them, their education is a major life decision leading them to their next jobs and to their futures. They'll be eternally grateful for the help you give them.
- Earn (money): all mentors are paid for their time and can make between 30€ - 40€ per hour.
- Acquire (experience): mentors often say they learn a lot from their students. Mentoring isn't about imposing one's worldview on others. It's about knowledge, support, and listening. These are important skills to have!
- Enjoy (flexibility): mentors set their own schedules. You can have only one student to start and increase to 5, 10, or more later if you want. You can work where you want, anywhere in the world, as the whole gig takes place online.
- Submit a CV and a short letter of motivation
- Learn the basics of OpenClassrooms mentorship by taking the "Foundations of Mentoring" quiz in the course Become a mentor on OpenClassroom (15-20 mins).
- Optional: provide a 2 minute video on why you are interested in this role and what you have to offer. A video is a great way to help your application stand out.